The Tyrone Guthrie Centre promotes excellence and innovation across all art forms by providing residential opportunities and workspaces for professional artists, designers, directors, critics, and others in the arts sector with a proven record of achievement. Residents work in an environment which supports and values high standards, peer evaluation and exchange, and a self-directed work ethic.
We accept applications from creative professionals living and working on the island of Ireland, from England, Scotland, Wales, and Europe (all under the same fee structure), and from across the world (international fee structure).
Criteria for New Applicants
We accept applications all year round. Applications are invited from practising professional artists working in all genres, along with designers, film makers, editors, critics, directors, and those working to support the arts sector with a proven record of achievement. To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be recognised by your peers as professional in your area of expertise – for example, membership of an associated professional organisation.
- Have a proven track record in your field of endeavour, for example
- Authors across all genres must be published by a professional publishing house.
- Visual artists must have had at least one solo exhibition in a recognised professional venue and/or work selected for a group exhibition by a professional curator, and/or work in a recognised public collection.
- Musicians / composers / architects / designers etc must have proven professional experience.
- All applicants must give contact details for two professionals in their field of endeavour who would be willing to give verbal or written references on behalf of the applicant.
Those awarded a specific bursary through the Arts Council of Ireland, the ACNI, or through Arts Offices in the Republic of Ireland and in Northern Ireland, or through bursary competitions organised by The Tyrone Guthrie Centre (assessed by panel) are considered to be approved for residencies with us, and do not have to go through the formal application process to return to the Centre. (Those who have received an Agility Award from the Arts Council of Ireland must make a full application using our online application form).