GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation
DATA PROTECTION; YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW THE TYRONE GUTHRIE CENTRE HANDLES YOUR INFORMATION
In keeping with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Tyrone Guthrie Centre wishes you to know how we use the personal information you give us and the information about you that other bodies share with us.
1. The Tyrone Guthrie Centre holds your information. You will find details of the Centre, its board and staff at www.tyroneguthrie.ie The Data Protection Officer is Robert McDonald.
2. The Centre may hold the following kinds of information about you:
identity details including contact addresses and phone numbers;
bank details (e.g. account numbers, IBAN, etc.);
the information about your work and career which you provided when applying for a residency;
information about you shared by other bodies such as donors of bursaries or awards that support your residency.
3. The Tyrone Guthrie Centre will hold only information provided by you, your authorised representatives, or third parties such as donors of bursaries and awards.
4. The Tyrone Guthrie Centre will use and share your data only when you consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
5. The Centre uses your information to:
process your application for residency,
enable you to avail of the facilities during your stay,
comply with the law,
and enable the Centre to operate effectively and safely.
6. The Tyrone Guthrie Centre will never share your information or release it to a third party without first obtaining your understanding and agreement.
7. The Centre will retain your personal information subject to law, applicable regulations, and your consent.
8. The GDPR takes effect on 25 May 2018. From that date your increased rights will include the right to
receive copies of your information and learn if and how the Centre uses it;
correct and/or update your information;
in certain circumstances, delete your data or restrict the Centre's use of it.
9. For more information, or to ask questions or exercise your data rights, contact the Data Protection Officer, Tyrone Guthrie Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org
10. You are also entitled to complain to the Data Protection Commission by contacting the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at:
21 Fitzwilliam Square Dublin 2 D02