Guidelines for Applicants
Find out if you are eligible to apply for an artist residency.
The Tyrone Guthrie Centre promotes excellence and innovation in the arts by providing residential opportunities and workspaces for artists with a proven record of achievement. Artists are required to focus on a project or a detailed programme of work to be undertaken within a timeframe, in an environment which supports and values high standards, peer evaluation and exchange and a self-directed work ethic. Irish language and music is part of the artistic endeavour at Annaghmakerrig where opportunities also arise for new collaborations across art-forms and international boundaries.
Application is invited from practising artists working in all genres. To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a professional practising artist; you must identify yourself, and be recognised by your peers, as a professional practising artist.
- Only artists with a proven track record in their field of creativity may apply. i.e. you must be published by a recognised publisher, or you must have had a solo exhibition in a recognised Art Gallery. There are other criteria for other Art forms.
- Demonstrate recent artistic achievements in your primary creative field.
Artists from all countries are welcome to apply.
To Apply Online
The Online Form is available here and will guide you through each step of the process. It is not possible to save the form and return to it later so you will need to prepare your text in advance. It is a good idea to write up this text on a separate document and copy it into the online application form to ensure you don’t lose it.
In order to apply online you will need:
- An email address.
- Information that you would include with most standard CVs/ résumés including a short statement of your achievements to date; for example: awards and distinctions, details of any work in the public realm such as publications, exhibitions, group shows, recordings, performances, commissions, etc. and a short statement of artistic intent, clearly and concisely outlining the project you would like to focus on during your time with us.
- Examples of your work, for example;
- For Literature or Poetry please upload word docs, or PDF's,
- For Visual Art, Print or Sculpture please upload images of your work in .JPEG's or .PNG format. You may upload a maximum of: ?
- For Music please upload mp3s, or link to your work online in soundcloud or a suitable format. If uploading files you may upload a maximum of 3 music files.
- In the case of Film, Video or Dance, please include links to Youtube of Vimeo samples of your work in the Links box below the Upload section. You may include multiple links.
- You may also include web links to any relevant articles/reviews of your work.
Applications are considered on an on-going basis and will be acknowledged on receipt. A Selection Committee of the Board meets quarterly to review submissions. Successful applicants will be notified by letter within a few weeks of the Selection Committee’s decision.
If you are applying as a group then one person should make the application on behalf of the group, but please provide information on all individual applicants.
Being approved as part of a group does not give you approval as an individual. Individuals must apply on their own merit.
Terms and Conditions
- The residency is open to practitioners in all art forms, with a proven track record in their professional field.
- Residencies are for a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 1 month for the main house and a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 2 months for the farmyard cottages.
- Residents must adhere to the ethos of the house, respecting the privacy of others.
- All residents in the Big House are expected to attend dinner at 7pm on each evening of their stay. Use of mobile phones and tablets is prohibited at the dinner table.
- Applicants are approved on an individual basis. For couples who wish to apply for a residency accommodation can only be offered in the self-catering farmyard cottages.
- In order to maintain the ethos of the Centre, children and pets are not permitted.
- Successful applicants with special dietary requirements, other than vegetarian, will be assigned accommodation in the self-catering farmyard cottages.
If you would like to become a Residency partner and help support artists in the development of their work please contact Mary firstname.lastname@example.org